Thursday, December 31, 2009

More Travels in Africa


A Little Argus Reed Frog, Mozambique



A view overlooking Monkey Bay, Cape McClear, Lake Malawi



Exploring the hills overlooking Monkey Bay, Lake Malawi



A beautiful, dainty Nyala doe, Gorongosa National Park, Mozambique



A lovely Bush Buck doe (Bush Buck is the common name) same family as the Nyala, above. Mozambique



A male Warthog foraging for food



Crownd Cranes in the Urema flood plains, Gorongosa, Mozambique



A group of baby Water Buck, Gorongosa, Mozambique



Apart from the malaria, everything else; the climate, the people, the big open spaces; paridise! and we lived there, I grew up in that bush. I obviously have something on my mind, pleasant thoughts I imagine. Now I live in one of the most built up areas of the UK, all in the name of a secure future? Who am I kidding, give me the uncertainty any day



The sunsets never get boring



My eldest son (right) and his friend from Australia with a Baobab tree in the back ground



Snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of Lake Malawi

 
Fishing at a dam near Chimoio Mozambique



The view from the lodge we stayed in on Benguerra Island, Mozambique



Pansy Island, Mozambique. So called because of the Pansy shells found there. This Island is only above water at low tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment