Sunday, March 22, 2009

Missing Home

Mud Island is OK, but so built up and basically I yearn for the African bush....it's in my blood. I miss not being able to walk bare foot or in flip-flops, I miss the heat, I miss the animals, I miss the dangers of handling venomous snakes or walking in areas where other dangerous animals live......everything about the bush, I miss.

Maybe, after the long, cold winter here, I will get to see and learn more about the countryside and its wildlife, but I fear that after what I have been accustomed to, it will be mild and relatively unexciting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend,

    Africa is in you no matter where you're in the world. The Spring will soon come to that mud island and you will be surprised how exciting it can be. Just keep an eye for details. The UK may not have the wildness of Africa but it has its own unique wilderness that one can't find anywhere else. Find it, embrace it and enjoy... Having said that, I miss you and Cheryl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grant
    Yes, Raquel is right and I completely agree with you, I've only been one year in Africa and I can understand what you say.
    I miss going on safari and seeing a lot of big animals, I miss going with you and learn thousands of things about the bush.
    What I do to avoid this it is going every week to the mountains, lakes, wetlands or beaches here in Spain to fill my body with nature, maybe smaller nature, but mother nature.
    I could show you some good nature here if you come over and visit us.
    Best
    Iñaki

    ReplyDelete